Apply to be a Buckeye Champion for the Buckeye Leadership Fellows Program
Mon, October 12, 2020 to
Fri, April 30, 2021
Buckeye Champions Program with the Buckeye Leadership Fellows Program
Mission: The Buckeye Leadership Fellows – Buckeye Champions Program inspires meaningful relationships between students and professionals in which our Champions and Fellows will elevate self-awareness, professional ethics, and leadership abilities.
Vision: Champions and Fellows build relationships which prepare students for their lives post-graduation and strengthen the Ohio State and Buckeye Leadership Fellows networks.
Objectives: By engaging in the Buckeye Leadership Fellows – Buckeye Champions Program,
Champions will have the opportunity to:
- Build meaningful relationships with current undergraduate students through mentorship, critical dialogue and facilitation.
- Pay forward the experiences and advice they have received.
- Serve as a sounding board for undergraduate students by asking critical questions, listening, and providing support and guidance to achieve their goals.
- Witness the growth and development of undergraduate students as they build their self-awareness, leadership abilities, professional ethics, and career goals.
- Build a meaningful relationship with a current professional.
- Have critical conversations with a current professional regarding their self-awareness, professional ethics, leadership abilities, and goals.
- Learn from the experiences of a current professional.
- Build their leadership self-efficacy.
What is the Opportunity?
OSU alumni can apply to engage in the following experiences:
- Mentor a Fellow from BLF ’22: Minimum of 30-minute phone call or virtual meeting once per month
- Design a Leadership Session: Design and facilitate a leadership topic for the Buckeye Leadership Fellows Program
- Critical Conversations: serve as a featured guest in our Spark Dialogue program and/or Time and Change Podcast
- Build partnerships: source corporate and nonprofit partnerships and collaborations for Leadership Challenges
Research and Selection of Mentors:
BLF ’22 (25 to 30 mentors selected after review of application)
Review of alumni applications and provide preference of mentors – Beginning September 28th
Notification of selection of mentors – By October 12th
Monthly call or in-person meeting – Beginning October 2020
Program assessment – March 2021
Review and Selection of Champions for Additional Experiences:
Application Review – Beginning September 28th
Follow Up Consultations for Selected Applicants – Between October and November 2020
Program Engagement- Beginning Spring 2021
All applications for the Buckeye Champions Program will be reviewed and evaluated for appropriate fit with various experiences and opportunities. BLF Administration will follow up with applicants for an individual consultation when applicable.
For more info, click here.